Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hodgepodge

















That's kind of where my head is at. I'm preparing to embark on a journey, one where I travel to China to teach. I'm excited, thrilled and oh-so-busy. 
What do you need to read? 
Well, if you haven't picked up this book, yet...WHAT. ARE. YOU. WAITING. FOR?

Here's what I had to say about it:
This book. My life paused for it. I was in Toby's vulnerable clutches, the strength that was so natural to him, it was his skin. I followed Laurie who was so desperate to save Toby rather than himself, who would cleave away his own flesh for the love of his boy, his prince. I was there to see Toby bring him to his knees, to see him submit so beautifully, so gracefully that my heart nearly wept. I was a part of the story that Alexis Hall weaved, loving the way they loved, the way they sacrificed. I was there as they grew, as they became honest with their needs. Their pain? I felt it. The hopelessness? I ached for them. Alexis Hall did that. The passion they shared, the primal demand of their being they were helpless to embrace was not in addition but a part of them, made them whole. I loved them. I loved this book. I will return for glimpses and devour anything else Alexis Hall chooses to give.

Thank you, Alexis. Well done.

What's happening now for writing?
Well, I am currently on the second book in my Broken series. The title is Broken Pieces. I believe you will love Remi and Peter. I do. They will lead you to Kristoff and later to Darren. I'm excited that my first book is released August 4th. Have a moment? Get to know my guys. You'll love them, too. 

Have to run for now and work on that book, grab some shut eye and plan for tomorrow. 

All the love, 
DB

No comments:

Post a Comment