Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Word, Please~


A Word, Please~
As with anything new, there are learning curves to be had. Thank you for your patience while I've navigated mine.

Within this blog, you'll find a word from Kai Bennu, one of the main characters in They Called Him Nightmare, some awesome links for writings in my Blog Hopping, this week's audiofave and my favorite pictures which may just be a few of yours, too.

Enjoy!



Kai Bennu.

Alec says I have to speak to you, that this will help me socialize more, that I didn’t get enough of that when I was younger. 

Don’t know why that’s important. It’s not like I’m going anywhere anytime soon. But, if I’m going to leave here in a few months, maybe even a year and work with him, talking’s apart of it. Want to work, have to talk.

So, you want to know my biggest fears?

One of them has happened, and I’m still trying to wrap my mind around it. My mama’s gone. If there was anything that scared me, it was losing the woman who’d always been there for me. 

How many people would accept a child, a creature literally dropped off on their doorstep with a cryptic message attached? She still had it among all of her things, things I still haven’t been able to let go of yet. Alec says I should take my time, that when I’m ready he’ll help me take care of it all. Leave it to him and he would have it destroyed. He doesn’t do ties very well, connections other than me. 

But, he loves me, so if it means living here in South Carolina for now, handling his business while I process, that’s what he’ll do. 

First thing I was going to do was get rid of Moniker because I still hate that little dog, but Mama loved it. And, I just can’t let him go, either.  A part of her is there with that mongrel, and he knows it. He looks at me sometimes, puts his cold paws on my thigh, and my heart breaks. 

So, yeah. He’ll be coming with us. Better watch him or Alec will use him for a snack. 
Ow! Damn it, Alec.

So, the note? Well, it still lay in a nightstand next to her bed with other bits and pieces of my history she kept close.

The words?

Watch carefully both the child and those around you. Love him as we will forever. Keep him safe when we could not.

I don’t know why she chose to keep it. Why do mothers keep things like that? Whatever her reason, she did, so I have it, too. As for the people who wrote it, I don’t care about them. They did what they had to do, and I got Veronica Bennu out of it. That’s all that matters.

But, you asked about my biggest fear.

My biggest fear would be losing Alec. For years, I’d never believed I would have someone to love me, to see me the way he does, to be able to touch me. Alec sees me, all of me. I blaze hot with our love, and when I fall, he is there to catch me. 

Losing Mama? It broke me, but Alec has been there to pick up the pieces. He told me about their talk, about the way she just told him what “her boy” needed. I laughed because that was like her. She knew, had always known what I needed.

Now, I do, too.

I need Alec in my life, at my back. I need him beside me as we face what could be years or centuries together. I need his power, his touch. 

I’ve never known need like this.

My biggest fear?

My life without Alec in it.





Audiobook Fave for the Week!
Don't know about you, but I know my schedule on the daily is filled. With that said, I still want to enjoy reading but don't necessarily have the time. How to fix that? Audiobooks!

My absolute favorite this week is:







Sebastian Orwell did the only thing a smart wizard could do when he stumbled upon the wounded Crown Prince: he healed him and dumped him in a tavern where he could continue not being Sebastian's problem. Unfortunately, the prince isn’t content with being alive, and he hunts Sebastian down to thank him personally. Not only is Sebastian stuck with the prince's unwanted affections, he's also confronted by growing evidence linking the assassination attempt to someone from his father's past. Lord Orwell is a lot of things: thief, liar, drunk, and all around horrible father, but Sebastian knows he's no murderer. In order to prove it, Sebastian has to keep the prince alive long enough to discover the truth—a task made considerably harder because the idiot prince prefers wooing Sebastian over securing his own survival. On top of everything, Sebastian needs to save the day without revealing his magical powers and the real reason he hides his appearance. Sebastian had no intention of playing the hero, but whoever is stirring up shit in his country will pay for destroying his quiet life.

THIS book is phenomenal! The storyline and the narrator are a perfect blend, the characters come to life and each has a voice you'll immediately enjoy. Whatever you have to do, whatever you working on, you will finish in no time as you listen to one of the best books I've ever heard. 


Blog Hopping!

Are you a writer, a reader, or just interesting in anything literary wise? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!

Kimberley Grabas - 71 Ways to Promote and Market Your Book
http://goo.gl/vkwcF2

It's definitely worth checking out. My first book? Epic fail. Why? It's not the writing. That's solid. Excellent publisher, too. What was the problem? Marketing. I didn't have the first clue. Maybe you could use a little help, too. So, give this a read. Can't do it all? No worries. At least you'll have a plan!

Bryn Donavan - 50 High-Stakes Plot Ideas
http://goo.gl/TOKnO7

New writer and need ideas? Veteran writer and need ideas? Just need a place to start so you can come up with a few ideas of your own? Well, this is a great source for some excellent ones. 

Brianne Toma - 6 Eyesores to Chop in Writing
http://goo.gl/9ih0Dw

One of the greatest gifts ever created was an editor. I know. Tricia Kristufek is mine with Dreamspinner Press, and she's a blessing. But, every editor has eyesores, writing issues that keep popping up that drive them nuts. How can you avoid these in your own writing? Check out what Toma has to say. She has a list, and that list is going to really work wonders for you. 




Pictures! Pictures! 

Bet you can't figure out this picture? But, have fun trying!


I love his eyes and the way they dare me to find his secrets.


So beautiful and gracing so many book covers, too. 


Dressed to impress and ready for work! Love it!


Powerful.


Give this man a gun and put him in an action movie! Got it? Me, too!


Hmm.


Love a great profile!


Could you imagine waking up next to this dreamy guy?


Dressed or not, he's amazing. But, put this man in a suit? Divine!


It must be summer break because I'm all about sand right now. 


Art.


There's a story here. You should give it a go!


Happy Innocence!


Now, use your imagination. You know you want to. 


Again? Yes.


Who doesn't love a silver fox?


If you know him, you love him. If you don't, you really need to check out Supernatural. 


His acting range is phenomenal. The way he fills out a suit, awe inspiring. 


Majestic.


I love that cocky smile and the little something extra.


Protecting him while he sleeps? Love.


He's everywhere, and I try really hard to get each picture.


A beautiful man surrounded by lovely flowers? Adam?


Let's keep you smiling! 

Check me out next week!
Love,
Deja











5 comments:

  1. Awwww...missed this!! Glad to see you back darlin!!! Love the pix and loved catching up with Kai! Look forward to more more more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...missed this!! Glad to see you back darlin!!! Love the pix and loved catching up with Kai! Look forward to more more more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for checking it out, Ej! Will be updating weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book snippet intrigued me, I lost my mam at 17 but it was a blessing, she was evil, cruel and I still can't forgive her. And you love Jason too, now that I do like. I will add it too my very long book list. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, one of my new favorite people in the whole world, I'm so glad you took a moment to read my blog. Well, it's a short story, so when you have a sec or an hour, give it a try. Love Jason? Oh, yeah! Hard not to fill my Pinterest board with the man. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete