Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Word or Two from Deja to You~

A Word or Two from Deja to You~
School has started, and my brain is fried. But, I would never forget you!

This week, read a word from Alec Vasilios from They Called Him Nightmare, see some awesome links for writing and online resources in my Blog Hopping, this week's audiobook fave and my favorite pictures which may just be a few of yours, too.

Enjoy!


 Here’s what happens when the author asks the character a question.

Deja: So Alec what’s the hardest thing for you to overcome, something that you didn’t even expect to be an issue?

Alec Vasilios:  
Since I’ve all but demanded Kai talk, I’ll have to be the example. He’s rather…difficult. Therein lies the answer to this question.

The hardest thing to overcome that I didn’t expect to be an issue? Kai. I’ve always been in control, the one in power. Perhaps it’s my abilities as a nelapsi. Perhaps it’s simply the strength of my will, but I’ve never had to bend to the expectations of others, to subject myself to another’s desire. 

With Kai, I’m unable to simply command him to do anything. In fact, he possesses me both in mind and body. The extent of his ownership of my heart is unfathomable, and I’m left in awe.

From the day I first saw him as a youth getting off of a school bus, I was enthralled with his beauty and the way he impacted those around him. He tried so hard to be invisible and could not. It would have been an impossible feat, and while others feared him, I wanted to know him, for him to know me.

Now, I have all that I could ever have wanted. I have the man I love, but I don’t rule him. He doesn’t bow to me, worship me as my race was centuries ago. He does not fear me as that worship later turned on us drawing fanatics far and wide feverishly intent on ridding the world of evil.

Kai Bennu loves me, and I revel in it, am overwhelmed by it and celebrate it. Would it be better if he did as I said? I would have to be honest with myself, honest with him and say no. 

I would say the very same if he were not sitting next to me, my hand tightly held in his palm, his powerful arm wrapped around my body, the heat of his flame singing my skin, letting me know just how alive I am. 

I’m alive not because of him but because of us.

Perhaps it’s not overcoming Kai that I needed. It was realizing how much I needed him to overcome me, for us to share our strength and be more powerful together.


Interested in reading their story?
Dreamspinner Press: https://goo.gl/4zBq8d
ARe: bit.ly/1YjeA4m


Audiobook Fave for the Week!
So very busy this week! Not only do I teach, but my kiddos are in school, too. Makes the joy of reading almost non-existent!

How do I still read and get everything done? Audiobooks, baby!

My absolute favorite this week is:








 Brute by Kim Fielding!

Brute leads a lonely life in a world where magic is commonplace. He is seven and a half feet of ugly, and of disreputable descent. No one, including Brute, expects him to be more than a laborer. But heroes come in all shapes and sizes, and when he is maimed while rescuing a prince, Brute's life changes abruptly. He is summoned to serve at the palace in Tellomer as a guard for a single prisoner. It sounds easy but turns out to be the challenge of his life.
Rumors say the prisoner, Gray Leynham, is a witch and a traitor. What is certain is that he has spent years in misery: blind, chained, and rendered nearly mute by an extreme stutter. And he dreams of people's deaths - dreams that come true.
As Brute becomes accustomed to palace life and gets to know Gray, he discovers his own worth, first as a friend and a man and then as a lover. But Brute also learns heroes sometimes face difficult choices and that doing what is right can bring danger of its own.

YOU WON'T WANT TO LEAVE! Or, at least I didn’t. This is such a sweet story. You will love Brute, the gentle giant. You will love the way he leads, the way he sacrifices so much, risking everything for Gray Leynham. You will see Gray Leynham the way Brute does, and your heart will break for the traitor of Tellomer.

Narrated by the phenomenal KC Kelly, Brute is an audiobook you don’t want to miss! When you’re finished, please let me know how much you enjoyed it! I can’t wait to share!


Blog Hopping!



Are you a writer, a reader, or just interested in anything literary wise? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!


39 Things to Remember While Struggling to Build Your Writing Career

 I love what Kimberley Grabas has to say on building your platform. You know, from earlier posts, that this was a struggle for me in the beginning. Just having a list is helpful from remembering not to compare yourself to others to not being intimidated. The ideas she’s giving here don’t just apply to writing. They apply to life. Give it a read!

Fifty Plot Twist Ideas for Your Work in Progress

Wow! You must check this one out! Lucy Flint actually gifts you with some pretty nice plot twist ideas. Of course, you can put your own spin on them, but when you already have tools like this at the ready, at least add them to your arsenal.
Read the list! You will definitely find a few you’ll use.


65 Online Writing Tools for Writers, Bloggers & Authors

With the last blog, I was really interested in seeing what else the internet provides for writers. Imagine my joy when I found this beauty? Can’t? Well, give this thing a click and see everything Josh Spilker has to share. Ignore the popup and gather all the goodies. Spilker inludes 65 links for the following:
·        Word Processing
·        Mind Mapping & Brainstorming
·        Distraction Blocker
·        Session Timers
·        Ebook Creation & Publishing
·        Editing
·        Notetaking
·        PhotoEditing
·        Prompts
·        Journaling
·        Find Better Words


Go now!

Now for the pictures that inspire me...


And will hopefully inspire you!


I usually write a brief word or two for each image, but maybe you don't want that. So, let me know if you just like the images without the words this time, and that's what I'll give you from now on. 






























Until next time!

Love always,
Deja



2 comments:

  1. I will read that book, I will, I promise.
    Good to see some pics of Jason I haven't seen before. I love that man, I really do.
    I love to write too, but not really interested in putting it out there, I use it as therapy. There is a group called GA (Gay Authors) It was where me and Stuby met, where I came out, and where I made so many friends. All my writings are there too. Think you're such a fabo, talented lady. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mark! I'm very happy I could share a few pictures of our favorite guy you haven't seen. And, I will definitely take a look at Gay Authors! For it to make that much of an impact on you, I truly want to see it for myself. And, thank you kindly. Lots of love!

      Delete