Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Word or Two from Deja to You~

A Word or Two from Deja to You~
Thank you to those who’ve taken the time to grow with me. It’s a journey I never want to end.

What’s for this week? Do you have a bucket list? Well, someone asked me about mine, so take a glance. Of course, I have an audiobook that’s a must listen. And, as always, there’s blog hopping. The last one, in particular, is a doozy. Where was it when I needed it?   

And finally? The pictures!

Enjoy!



 

Deja Black’s Top Ten Bucket List

1.       Attend a GRL Conference – They sound like fun, and I love the pictures on Facebook. How cool would it be to have my own table?
2.       Complete the Broken Series.
3.       Meet my favorite authors - No need to mention names. Keeps everything friendly.
4.       Develop a website for my writing - I’ve seen some awesome examples out there. One day, people, you’ll look me up, too.
5.       Retire and write full time – I love writing, and maybe one day I can actually make a living from it, but right now I have two beautiful children and a husband who need my health benefits and the ability to purchase food. If something changes, I’m all for it.
6.       Have my books made into audiobooks then have them narrated by Sean Crisden, Eli Knight, Greg Tremblay, and KC Kelly – I love their voices. They’ve all narrated some of my favorite books.
7.       Interview book models - Just because. Who wouldn’t want that on their bucket list?
8.       Allow reviews to wash over me rather than drown me. – The article Amy Lane wrote on reviews*, my friends and peers all help me to rise above the waves. One day, it won’t even matter.
9.       Thinking back to number one? Be a speaker for the GRL Conference – Hopefully one day I will have something worthy to share with others who will be interested in what I have to say.
10.   Give my dad one of my books – My dad’s a Baptist minister in the Deep South. Need I say more?




Audiobook Fave for the Week!
One of the suggestions for a person who wants to read but simply lacks the time? Audiobooks! And, I have the perfect one for you!

My absolute favorite this week is:










 Dark Edge of Honor by Aleksandr Voinov, Rhianon Etzweiler
Narrated by Jack LeFleur

Sergei Stolkov is a faithful officer, though his deepest desires go against the Doctrine. A captain with the invading Coalition forces, he believes that self-sacrifice is the most heroic act, and his own needs are only valid if they serve the state.
Mike, an operative planted within Cirokko's rebels, has been ordered to seduce Sergei and pry from him the Coalition's military secrets. His mission is a success, but as he captures Sergei's heart, Mike is tempted by his own charade and falls in love.
When the hostile natives of the planet Cirokko make their move, all seems lost. Can Mike and Sergei survive when the Coalition's internal affairs division takes an interest in what happened in the dusty mountains of Zasidka Pass?


This is one truly amazing listen, and Voinov and Etzweiler make an excellent writing team. They are able to place the listener right in the heat of battle one moment and make their audience weep for Sergei the next. There’s action, angst, passion and war, and all of it made beautiful with the voice of Jack LeFleur.

Looking for a book that will carry you away? Dark Edge of Honor will do just that.






Blog Hopping!



Are you a writer, a reader, or just interested in anything literary wise? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!


Not Quite Dead: A Writer’s Guide to Serious Injuries and Calamities

Now, heads up! There are some pretty gruesome mentions here, but Donovan does a fantastic job of supplying some ways to harm the main character without killing them. Sometimes, pain for the people we write is a must. Here’s how.

5 Free Online Proofreader Tools for Error-Free Writing

Could you use a little help with proofreading? What if there were online tools to use? Would that make the job of finding that help a little easier? Take a look at some nice freebies Agrawal gives here that will make the journey of writing a little easier to bear.

  
25 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND IF YOU WANT TO WRITE A BOOK



Could be I’m just a little hormonal, but there were a few in here that started the waterworks for me. They were close to the heart. From having an idea to interacting with other writers, Athena has some astonishing truths to share. I really wish I’d read this before I even considered writing. It wouldn’t have changed my mind to start, but it sure would have been great to know.




Now for the pictures that inspire me...




AND WILL HOPEFULLY INSPIRE YOU!

I have learned that you’d rather just enjoy the photos, so here you are!

Let me know if there’s one that totally takes your breath away!
 

 

 

 



 











 





 






 











Thanks for reading.

Love always,
Deja

No comments:

Post a Comment