Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Word or Two from Deja to You~

A Word or Two from Deja to You~
Weather’s changing constantly, but our love for good stories isn’t. Hope you find a few favorites to warm you up.

This week, I’ll share my favorite book I’ve written, a few helpful links for writing, another fabulous audiobook and, of course, the pictures.

Be inspired!



My Favorite Book 
As a new author, I don’t have that much to choose from in the line of my favorite books. I have two published: one I’m submitting and another I’m in the process of writing. I think of all of these, They Called Him Nightmare is my favorite. 
I love Kai and Alec, the way they are together. I picture Kai at the height of his power and Alec seeing him, totally blown away. I love the fact that I brought in a little of the place I knew as a child, where I grew up and will probably explore more of that later. It’s my second published work, and it’s a part of me. It’s me growing as a writer.
There will be other books. In fact, I can think of the current one I’m working on. It’s actually a contemporary book, more suspense thriller. But, there are no monsters other than ones that already exist among us for everyone to see. Unlike They Called Him Nightmare, I will be using Scrivener. I’ve already outlined it and have a few chapters knocked out. I’m really excited about it and can’t wait to share it with my betas. Then, the world!
Returning to Kai and Alec, I have to say one of my favorite comments from a reader was, “Kai is my book boyfriend.” What more could I want? A reader, as well as an author, has identified with my character. She even mentioned that she felt Alec was a douche bag at first. Later, she loves him. When a reader can connect with my characters, can see them, it’s the ultimate compliment.
I’m growing daily as a writer, and They Called Him Nightmare is a fantastic example of that growth. There’s the feel of a small town, two vibrant characters and a solid story-line that takes them from their high school years to grown men who are ready for love.
As for my writing future, there are new favorites on the horizon. They just haven’t been written yet.





Audiobook Fave for the Week!
One of the suggestions for a person who wants to read but simply lacks the time? Audiobooks! And, I have the perfect one for you!

My absolute favorite this week is:







 Escape Velocity  by Anah Crow and Dianne Fox
Narrated by Charles Carr

Linguist Elios Campbell is thrilled to be granted flight time in a Colonial Guard fighter jet, until he catches sight of his pilot. Spending time with Sender Kinnison holds even more appeal than the flight itself.
Sender's desire for other men is forbidden by his faith and his family. He tries to resist his attraction to Elios, who is unlike anyone he's ever known. When he fails, the incredible sex quickly leads to something deeper, forcing Sender to question his long-held beliefs.
Then, duty calls Sender home to the repressed colony of Themis. Will he be forced to give up a future with Elios to honor the ghosts of his past?
First published as Runaway Star, newly revised by the authors.


 LOVED this book! The way the relationship develops between Elios and Sender will make it difficult for you to leave their story. The challenge of faith and religion and finally acceptance was well portrayed. I enjoyed it. And, Charles Carr is a great narrator whose voice absolutely made Crow and Fox’s world come to life.

You won’t be disappointed.





Blog Hopping!



Are you a writer looking for some great ideas or a reader who’s been considering the trade? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!


6 Reasons You Should Be Writing Short Stories....And 5 Tips to Help You Get Started


So, Heath’s a YA Christian writer. Don’t let that stop you because the woman really has some great insight on writing short stories and why you should, one of the main reasons being exposure. Get some great ideas here as well as some awesome advice on how to write them. 


22 Rules of Storytelling

It’s Pixar. It’s a quick read. It’s filled with fantastic words of wisdom that you’ll want to see. Now.

  
The 100 Best Websites for Writers in 2016

The list is huge and organized into the following categories:
Blogging
Creativity and Craft
Entrepreneurship
Freelancing
Marketing
Publishing
Writing Communities

Marison Dahl has really done her research on what you need to know and just where to go. Check it out!





Now for the pictures that inspire me...



AND WILL HOPEFULLY INSPIRE YOU!

I have learned that you’d rather just enjoy the photos, so here you are!

Let me know if there’s one that totally takes your breath away!


 

 

 


 

 




 

 


 


 





 













 














Love always,
Deja

No comments:

Post a Comment