Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Word or Two from Deja to You~

A Word or Two from Deja to You~
The best thing ever last week? Receiving a thank you for my blog. 

So, here's a word, some blog hopping, a great audiobook and my favorite pictures this week!

And, thank you for reading!

Love to you all,
Deja
  

Progress



A Chance for Hope is making progress. Just got the second edit for it last night and sent it back today.

Every now and then I ask myself if this is all worth it: the early mornings, the hours spent typing away, the research and building a platform. I actually think to myself sometimes that maybe I’ll just read.

But, I can’t just read. I have to write. It’s a part of me.

I go to sleep at night and actually see the characters in my head, play with their story lines before I drift off.

And, sometimes they’re in my dreams.

I value the relationships I’ve built with other writers, other readers, and just people who love to read about men who love men.

Let that go after years of seeing the stories in my head finally come to life? Let that go after others have actually taken the time to read them, to know them?

I’m living my dream, and I’m never letting go.  





Audiobook Fave for the Week!
One of the suggestions for a person who wants to read but simply lacks the time? Audiobooks! And, I have the perfect one for you!

My absolute favorite this week is:





Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary by Jordan Castillo Price
Narrated by Gomez Pugh


Michael is a waif in eyeliner who's determined to wipe vampires off the face of the earth. Wild Bill's got the hots for Michael and will stop at nothing to go home with him. Forget about moonlit castles and windswept moors. These bad boys haunt all-night diners and cheap motels, cut-rate department stores and long, lonely stretches of the interstate. Ride along with Wild Bill and Michael as the twists and turns of Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary unfold in America's heartland.

Really loved this one. It’s the fantastic start of a series I can’t wait to continue.








Blog Hopping!



Are you a writer looking for some great ideas or a reader who’s been considering the trade? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!

 2 Must-Dos to Make Your Book Marketing Infinitely Easier


Grabas always has great information about marketing, building your platform. Now, this article only has two points, but they are well detailed and definitely worth reading.


8 Tips To Improve Your Descriptive Writing

Hannah Heath



Show not tell. Who hasn’t heard that before? Heath has some fabulous suggestions on how to make that happen for you. I’ve finally accepted number one and have been chopping away what doesn’t matter.

Be sure to check it out. You won’t be disappointed.



80 + Barriers to Love: A List of Ideas to Keep Romantic Tension High
Colleen Houck


I love lists. When you’re stuck, they’re a nice way to get some new ideas. Glance through this list on romantic conflicts.


Now for the pictures that inspire me...





AND WILL HOPEFULLY INSPIRE YOU!

 

 

 


 

 


 

 
 

 

 


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment