Sunday, October 9, 2016

A Word or Two from Deja to You~

A Word or Two from Deja to You~
Busy. How many sports can one little boy be in and a mother not lose her mind? Not to mention, the girl is running a close second.

Writing? Busy there, too. Here’s an update. Along with that, blog hopping and a few pictures.

Love to you all,
Deja
  

Life

Life.
What am I doing?
I read that a way to get your name out there is to write anthologies, so I am. Currently I have three in some stage or another.

They Called Him Nightmare




Growing up, Kai Bennu was taunted for skin dark as midnight and his otherworldly appearance. They called him Nightmare, but Alec Vasilios, a wealthy and powerful businessman, wants to call Kai his own. Kai’s past has left him with little trust in others and even more reluctance to surrender himself to Alec’s power. With both men harboring supernatural secrets, finding common ground won’t come without sacrifice. 

This story’s a part of the Walk on the Wild Anthology by Dreamspinner Press.
http://goo.gl/1o7R0t
Dreamspinner Press: https://goo.gl/4zBq8d


A Chance for Hope



A Chance for Hope was accepted for the Love Writes anthology in memory of Pulse by Dreamspinner Press. It releases during the holidays, and it's a touching piece that ends with possibility. It required research and tears, and I’m looking forward to sharing it with you.



A Place for Dreams



This short story was submitted to a publisher. Still waiting on that. There’s a yeti (which knocks off an item of my bucket list) and the man who dreams of him. It’s a good one, and I believe you’ll be happy.



Currently I’m editing a book I wrote a few months back with plans to submit, and then I’m off to a contemporary piece with a very aggressive alpha male and a professor who’s not quite sure what to do with him.  




Writing happens for me in the morning, before dawn. I write daily so I can still take my eight year old to all of his sports and my five year old to hers. Cooking happens almost never, and cleaning the house is a true work in progress.

Life.




Audiobook Fave for the Week!
One of the suggestions for a person who wants to read but simply lacks the time? Audiobooks! And, I have the perfect one for you!

My absolute favorite this week is:




 One thing Liam Turner knows for sure is that he's not gay - after all, his father makes it very clear he’ll allow no son of his to be gay. And Liam believes it, until a chance meeting with James "Jay" Bell turns Liam’s world upside-down. Jay is vivacious and unabashedly gay - from the tips of his bleached hair to the ends of his polished nails. With a flair for fashion, overreaction, and an inability to cork his verbal diarrhea, drama queen Jay must have a screw loose.

An accident as a teenager left Liam with a limp and a fear of driving. He can’t play football anymore either, and that makes him feel like less of a man. But that’s no reason to question his sexuality... unless the accident broke something else inside him. When being with Jay causes Liam’s protective instincts to emerge, Liam starts to believe all he's known in life has been a convenient lie. From intolerance to confrontations, Liam must learn to overcome his fears - and his father - before he can accept his sexuality and truly love Jay.





Blog Hopping!



Are you a writer looking for some great ideas or a reader who’s been considering the trade? Well, I have three excellent blogs for you!


105 Ways to Make a Living Writing
Jennifer Mattern



25 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND IF YOU WANT TO WRITE A BOOK
December 2, 2015 by athenamarie





44 Perfect Songs to Listen To While You Write





Now for the pictures that inspire me...





AND WILL HOPEFULLY INSPIRE YOU!


 

 

 

 




 

 

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment