Saturday, December 10, 2016

On My Mind

Today was nice. Finally had a chance to celebrate my birthday with my kiddos. We went to a superhero themed restaurant called SuperChefs. It was nice. The restaurant is located in the Highlands, an eclectic part of Louisville, and the culinary ideas are so nice and unique. The poor boy that waited on us had several little problems, but the food was worth the wait and even his confusion.
http://eatsuperchefs.com/dinner-menu/

That right there? The Harley Quinn Ribs topped with a barbecue sauce made with Sprite, agave and some secret seasoning. Delicious.
The owner is a Sullivan Culinary School graduate who's been everywhere.

You know me. I'm a sucker for a good story, and he has one. Struggled from hard beginnings to become an award winning chef. Darnell Ferguson has been all over the media, all over the country and will probably end up being in one of my books somewhere. 

As for writing, I'm working on a book called Getting There, and it's by far one of the easiest books I've written. I feel the story, and it's amazing. There's something really compelling about Creed and Lucas, and I can't wait for you to meet them. The sexual tension between the two is a treat, and the story line complete with a psycho is intriguing. I'm really enjoying this one.



It's funny how much easier it gets to write. I think it's because I actually make the time for it. Getting up 4:30 in the morning? Whew. No joke, but it's really worth it. Music, some fruit or popcorn, and I'm set.




The most important thing, though? The beta readers are a blessing. I'm so happy to have them. Once I get over my initial fear of them having my book in their hands, I can't wait for them to read it. Have to always remember that it's not about me. It's about the book. It's like my mantra. I may wait a day, even two, to read their comments though. Just have to get my heart ready.

Something that made me laugh this week? Okay, so my children and I were in the car (as we always are because I'm always driving them one place or anther), and this is how the story went:
Eight year old is reading a book: Mom, what does SOS mean? 
Me driving and trying to focus: It's a sign for help. 
Eight year old: So, what does it stand for? 
Me driving and still trying to focus: I don't know. Help. People write it in the sand and someone sees it and knows they need help. 
Eight year old growling: But what do the letters mean (because he's really into abbreviations right now)? 
Me pulling into a gas station and grabbing my phone to look it up. 
Eight year old: What does it mean? Sausage on sausage! What!
Me: ____________ (Flat lined. Nothing to say. Just done.)
After I looked it up and read the definition, he still wasn't satisfied, but at least he doesn't think it means Sausage on Sausage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment