Sunday, November 25, 2018

Look What Just Made the Editor's Choice List for Extasy Books!

I was cruising through Facebook looking for something to make me laugh, deciding which pretty picture to put up next, and responding to my friends when I finally noticed I was tagged. I'm terrible at that. First I try very hard not to tag because I was burned once. A while ago, someone sent a message by someone else to tell me not to tag big named writers, that it was name dropping and as I didn't know the people who others personally, I should not. It was a "friendly" message that totally freaked me out. So, yeah, no tagging.


Then, when I do get tagged, it takes me a day or three to notice it, like there's this extra step to social media I sometimes forget about. There are so many different rules to social media. Anywho, let's save that for another day. 

About the whole reason I started this, here's what I was tagged with! 

This week's Editor's Choice comes in the shape of The Guardian's Prize by Deja Black ~ currently $3.99

"A dragon in denial, an impatient guardian of Neptune, and a mating lust that can't be denied...what's not to love about this story? Join the adventure in this second book in the Men of Neptune series by Deja Black. I know you will enjoy it like I did." ~ Editor
What’s a merman to do when his mate doesn’t seem to want him? Go after him anyway? Life for this guardian will never be the same.
Tetra Batair, grandson of Neptune himself and guardian of the god’s military forces, has arrive in Charleston, South Carolina for his mate. The only problem? His mate doesn’t want him. Now what’s a merman to do?
Aoki Tatsuo, an art teacher who’s half dragon and half human, doesn’t want to be anyone’s mate. Or, at least that’s what he’s telling himself.
When the two first meet the earth trembles…literally.
A merman and a dragon.
One will have to learn patience.
The other will have to learn there’s more than one way to love.
Can the two of them work through the obstacles in their past to find their perfect future?
Book one, Song of the Siren can be found here;
http://www.extasybooks.com/978-1-4874-1553-2-song-of-the-s…/
Is that not the coolest thing? I was blown away.
I mean there are so many times when I doubt myself as a writer. There are times when I fall into the trap of comparing myself to other writers. 
"I don't write like she/he does."
"Why can't I describe things like she does?"
"Do my sentences flow like that one did?"

And you know what? They shouldn't because people are different, and my books will be, too. I have a problem remembering that sometimes, that I can write and people enjoy my stories.  That age-old expression about you being your worst enemy is so true. 
What I've realized is I'm not alone in my self-doubt. I found a great article for you to check out, and for those who'd enjoy a video on the subject, there's one there, too. 

How To Deal With Self-Doubt As A Writer


Bounce over there and check Joanna Penn out. She has a lot to say that's definitely worth hearing. Use those tips. Grow. 


So, what am I doing? I'm writing. 



And if you're a writer, you should be, too. 


Love,
Deja





1 comment:

  1. Please remove the last image(pen with signature). We rightfully own this image and you have just breach the copyright law.

    ReplyDelete