Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Dusting the Blog Off

Dear Reader,
This blog is under construction.

For now, here's the latest review from Bayou Book Junkie for Broken Promises:

Oh, the cover? Let me find it

Here it is! 

And the blurb? 
Here goes! 

A widowed alpha is finally ready to love again, but his rejected mate left to protect his heart.

Beta Kristoff Dumanovsky has loved his alpha, Jeremiah Tolliver, for years. However, Jeremiah wasn’t ready to move on from the love he still had for his dead wife. When tragedy struck, Kristoff blamed his focus and left not only the Iroquois Pack but Jeremiah as well.

When Stefan Mukhankin, an enemy from Kristoff’s past threatens his safety, Jeremiah uses this as a reason to try and bring Kristoff home. It won’t be an easy battle.

Kristoff’s survived before and feels he’ll survive again. He was trained to elude the enemy even if it’s the man he loves, so Jeremiah is in for the fight of their lives.

Can an alpha help his mate believe their bond is true, or will his mate find yet another place to run?


I'm Back

This book was a long time coming. I was going through some ups and downs, more downs than ups. When I finished this one, it was like a prayer answered and maybe a few realizations, too. A lot is happening in our community, struggles and loss. I was starting to feel like there was nothing I could add, nothing I could do. Why even write? But you know what? A friend reminded me that my writing serves a purpose. It gives hope. 

So. 

I write. 


There. I just needed to put that out there. 
Need a few words from some famous writers to endorse this? 

WHY I WRITE: 23 FASCINATING QUOTES FROM FAMOUS AUTHORS


Check out this article. It's filled with reasons why to write. If you need a little encouragement to keep going, check it out. 

Oh, the review. Hang on a sec! 




4 Stars!
What do you do when your Alpha and Mate is still in love with his late wife? Kristoff had to leave him and his pack and be on his own. But a year later, Jeremiah shows up at his door with no intention of leaving without him.
What I loved: Now, I’m a huge fan of the whole Mate thing (it’s my favorite) but I absolutely cannot stand when one mate denies the other. It drives me bonkers, I mean, you’re mates. You are literally destined and meant to be together. You are perfect for one another. Why do you fight it? Of course having said that, I’m also a sucker for angst and what better angst than that of two people who are meant to be unable to be together?! So yeah, I was all over this book. Add in the fact that I’m a fan of Deja Black, well, let’s just say I pretty much dove head first Broken Promises.
Deja is amazing at creating a story that stands out and gives us something different. I love that, it’s not the same old same old when she writes a story. I love her voice and always find myself wanting to see what she’ll do next. This one gives us plenty of action, some good suspense and a pretty entertaining villain. Of course on top of that you get the romance and sexy times that we expect.
What I Liked: I liked Jeremiah (even if he made me mad, which is probably why I can’t put him in the love column) he was written in such a way that I could picture him vividly.
What I Didn’t Like: I honestly did not care for the emphasis on their Positions/titles of Alpha/Beta. I felt it took them off of equal footing as Mates/Lovers/Partners. I almost felt like they could’ve just replaced it with Sir and boy. As a matter of fact, I felt that dynamic throughout much of the story and had I been prepared for that element, I’d have been fine but instead it came as a surprise to me.
I also did not care for the fact that Jeremiah denied Kristoff for so long only then to change his mind (come to the realization that he could no longer deny his feelings for Kristoff) but everyone expected Kristoff to just bend over and present his a** for Jeremiah because they were mates. His former Alpha actually made it seem as if Kristoff was in the wrong for not wanting to instantly jump in Jeremiah’s arms.
Quote:
“…And I feel for you and for the nightmares you must have because of this, but it is not your right to deny your mate.”
“When he has rejected me again and again?”
“He grieved. The pain of loss makes the vision cloudy at times, Kristoff Dumanovsky…”
Ugh, this made me mad.
Luckily, things turn around and Jeremiah seems to show that he is aware of the mistake he made. I just wish it wouldn’t have made me feel bitter towards him in the beginning. Other than that, though, I really enjoyed the story and I can’t lie, delving into the POV of Stefan (AKA the villain) was quite entertaining. I would wholeheartedly recommend Broken Promises.
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn’t a requirement. ***


Check their website for more goodies. 

And welcome back! 
Love, 
Deja






No comments:

Post a Comment